The Synapse Centre for Neurodevelopment, ESNEFT, is committed to improving the lives of those with neurodisabilities by aiming to:
- Be at the forefront of research in neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Establish a database of neurodevelopmental conditions in the local East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) population in order to better understand the paediatric population in need.
- Support and promote the most vulnerable in our local community and design relevant and practical research by seeking public and patient feedback.
- Focus research at the molecular level in order to treat underlying pathology and co-morbidities with a personalised approach according to sub-phenotype.
- Offer continuing care post diagnosis via early stage interventions in the form of clinical trials and management by a multidisciplinary team.
- Develop a reputation as an outstanding centre with collaboration with a range of academic institutions as well as pharma and biotech companies.